[K12OSN] K12LTSP at CASBO conference

Chris Hobbs chobbs at silvervalley.k12.ca.us
Mon Apr 5 21:01:02 UTC 2004

Thanks to the hardwork of some compatriots from a nearby district, they
and I will be setting up a K12LTSP based e-mail garden/demo lab at the
California Association of School Business Officials Annual Conference in
Sacramento next week.

We haven't had a chance to sit and discuss exactly how the operation
will work, but I have some ideas and welcome yours as well.

Since the majority of the folks coming through and seeing the lab are
going to be non-technical school district decision makers, I figure a
one page flyer professionally designed will be useful to get the key
points of K12LTSP across (do any exist already?). I also assume/hope
we'll have the ability to do some quick 5 minute demos on an ad hoc
basis - what would you show off if you only had 5 minutes with a CBO or
superintendent?

I know others have done similar things before, so I'm hoping to get some
good ideas from all of you!

--
Chris Hobbs       Silver Valley Unified School District
Head geek:              Technology Services Coordinator
postmaster:               chobbs at silvervalley.k12.ca.us
pgp:  http://www.silvervalley.k12.ca.us/~chobbs/key.asc