[K12OSN] Looking for Textbooks

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Apr 6 20:07:57 UTC 2004

Ask Solveig directly; you can email her directly at solveig at getopenoffice.org.
(This is one of the greate aspects of OSS, you can usually contact the creators
directly.) Granted, she can't give you an unbiased assessment of the workbook,
but she can tell you what it covers and whether it would be appropriate for what
you want.  I haven't seen her Core book, but I bought the SO 5.2 book years ago,
and have corresponded with her on some things and she's always been very helpful.

I agree that for a lot of schools, having a predefined curriculum for OOo would
go a long ways toward making it possible for them to teach that instead of more
expensive proprietary office suites.

Petre