[K12OSN] Re: Student Software / Tetris

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 7 22:08:55 UTC 2004

>This may be a little off-topic, but I'm looking for a cross-platform
>solution for playing Tetris on student workstations. No, I'm not kidding.
>
>I'm looking for a Tetris game that would run on Linux, Windows and possibly
>Mac OS X... preferably open-source. Any ideas?

I wrote a game like that using pygsear:
http://www.nongnu.org/pygsear/

It is all written in python, using the pygame extension which I
know runs on Linux and Windows and I believe will work on
OS X also. It is all open source and Free.

You would need python, pygame, pygsear and pygsear-games.

The reason I wrote it is I wanted to use pieces w/ more than 4
blocks, so it is extensible to use any shape/ size pieces you want.
There is also a "kidtris" game included which uses big pieces
made of fewer blocks.