[K12OSN] Looking for page-maker-like app..

Richard K. Ingalls ringalls at glenwood.k12.mo.us
Thu Apr 8 15:08:25 UTC 2004

Huck wrote:

> Anyone know of a pagemaker-like application for Linux? =)
>
> Something to teach page layout and design...
> Even something as basic a ms-publisher maybe...???
>
> --Huck

I think you can do what you're wanting with OpenOffice.  Writer and
Draw are both pretty powerful tools for basic layout/DTP.  They are
NOT replacements for PageMaker-like products though.  Scribus is
looking pretty promising, but I still don't use it yet, because
OpenOffice has been able to do all that I've needed it to.

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
  for that which he cannot lose."
  -- Jim Elliott

RICHARD K. INGALLS
Director of Information Technology
Glenwood R-8 School District
West Plains, MO

email..ringalls (at) glenwood.k12.mo.us
web....http://glenwood.k12.mo.us
ph.....417.256.4849
fax....417.257.2567

"Miracles are a retelling in small letters
  of the very same story which is written across
  the whole world in letters too large
  for some of us to see."
  -- C. S. Lewis