[K12OSN] DHCP help needed

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Thu Apr 8 20:48:20 UTC 2004

Caleb Wagnon wrote:

>Christopher K. Johnson said:
>

>>.....copy /var/lib/dhcp/dhcpd* from old box to new box
>>

>AHA! THAT is what has screwed me in the past. I know this will work....before
>I just never copied /var/lib/dhcp.....and bad things happend for a while.
>Baaad things. Thanks!

Oh, and don't forget to correctly configure time zone and set time the
same first.  I use ntpd to keep mine accurate, but if you don't and time
on the new box is ahead, then it may consider a lease prematurely
expired and available for assignment on a new request.  Leases are GMT
based so if you set correct time but in a different time zone, it would
also impact expiry of every entry in those files.

   Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021