[K12OSN] Anti-Virus Firewall

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Apr 13 16:01:42 UTC 2004

Does anyone know of a way to integrate/build and anti-virus firewall?
Just wondering if there is a way to build a Linux router that not only
performs routing and content filtering, but also scans all traffic
against a virus definition.

I have looked at some packages like those from www.fortinet.com but have
also seen the hefty price tags on enterprise types of setups which is
the category a standard school size would fall into.

Or even an option that is separate from the router and is a stand alone
virus scanner for all inbound/outbound network traffic at the head of
the network.  I am not really concerned about traffice inside the
network as I will assume this is "clean", just traffic from web browsing
and transferring documents to and off campus and through email.

Thanks