[K12OSN] how many clients?

jam at mcquil.com jam at mcquil.com
Tue Apr 13 18:40:20 UTC 2004

Brandon,

I've got a customer running 140 ltsp clients on a single server.

The server is a Dual P4 Xeon 2.4ghz with 4gb of ram.

They are using Icewm for the window manager.  About 70 of those
users are allowed to run Mozilla and Open Office.

All of the users are allowed to run xterms to connect to other
servers where their business apps are located.

This server is also the samba server, the DNS server and the DHCP
server for the entire office (about 250 machines in total).

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org