[K12OSN] ifconfig question

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Apr 15 14:58:23 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 09:44, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> Nevermind, I found it. Just edited the
> etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/team1 scripts with the necessary info and
> whalla!
>
> I at least feel redeemed that I was able to answer my own stupid
> question.

It used to be that easy for all interfaces, but somewhere around RH8
they introduced the /etc/sysconfig/networking directory and its
devices and profiles subdirectories.  The GUI tool populates these
directories and if they exist they override the network-scripts
copies at least under some conditions.  It is probably documented
somewhere but I haven't found a good description of how to undo
changes made and saved in the GUI from the command line.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com