[K12OSN] Netatalk WBEL

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Fri Apr 16 14:42:10 UTC 2004

On Friday 16 April 2004 10:36 am, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> and am stuck.  I have read something about no Appletalk support
> compliled into the kernel,

I don't think so.  If I recall, if you want to use pure "appletalk" without
IP, then perhaps you would.  I think that with just the default flags, it
installs to /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/etc/netatalk for config files

there are some very useful compile flags though, like --enable-redhat, which
makes nice initscripts.  I've installed netatalk more times than I care to
admit, and tweaking the compile options are definitely worth it.

> I installed the Webmin Module for Netatalk and that
> as well says the Netatalk is not installed.

Never used that module, but perhaps it doesn't look in /usr/local/etc for
stuff.  Just a guess.

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers