[K12OSN] Re: Mozilla via Macintosh Thick Client

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Sat Apr 17 15:50:29 UTC 2004

Alan A Hodson wrote:
>> How much RAM on your iBook versus the thick Macintosh?
>>
>> If you put more RAM in the Macintosh, will it work?

I'll have to look for bigger RAM chips to test.  There are 32 MB in the
mac.  i think I can scrounge 2 32MB chips and see.  The iBook is my
daily use computer, and I have 384MB of ram in it.  It also has a nicer
video card too.

I was hoping that SWAP on the macintosh would offset any lack of memory,
sorta like NFS Swap does on the intel clients (only without the NFS
bandwidth usage)

I'll try more ram and see.

-Shawn