[K12OSN] Re: can't type chinese in the client

Gary Cheung garyckw at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 18 04:32:27 UTC 2004

that's it. I haven't tested it. But i am sure it is the solution!
Thank you so much!!!!
And i think this option should be added into the main tree. They don't because they only use english and don't see the blind spot. ^^

Dan Bo <faengoy at yahoo.com> wrote:
Gary,
I don't use Chinese, but I do use Thai, and it
requires some hacks to get going. I've even written a
HowTo for it, but it won't help you because it is in
Thai ;) Firstly, sounds like you are missing the
necessary fonts. You need to edit lts.conf so that
XFS (font server) is used and all fonts from the
server are available on the clients. Secondly, edit
the /etc/X11/fs/config file, comment out the
#no-listen = tcp
line and restart xfs with service xfs restart.
Boot your terminal and see if that helps.
For keyboard switching, I manually hack the necessary
XFree lines into /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.setupx so that
it looks like this:
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "keyboard"
Option "XkbLayout" "${XkbLayout:-"us"}"
Option "XkbOptions"
"grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll,grp:switch"

BTW, I submitted a patch for this a while back (to
allow XkbOptions in the lts.conf file) but it never
made it into the main tree.
Hope this solves your problems.
Daniel
Message: 6