[K12OSN] xdm's Chooser feature

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Sun Apr 18 19:15:08 UTC 2004

I was wondering if any of you have fiddled with xdm and the chooser feature.  I have a laptop that runs as a stand alone sometime, and other times as an X terminal with my desktop as my server, and other times as an X terminal with my K12LTSP server at school.  I have found that xdm has the ability to allow you to "choose" which one you log into, but I could not figure it out.  I have already gone through the mini-how-to, but could not get it to work.  I was hoping that someone out there could give me a little insight.

As of now, xdm starts on boot-up, but only accessing the local X server, I then have to go to a vertual terminal, log-in then issue 'X :1 -query xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'  I would like for xdm to show the three choices when I start.  At least, that is how I understand the documentation for the chooser feature of xdm.  Am I understanding this right?

Could anyone send my a copy of the config files?  I have tried, but I seem to be doing something wrong and I can not figure it out.