[K12OSN] Booting Single-User Mode

Timothy Legge timlegge at etherboot.org
Tue Apr 20 01:20:32 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 21:05, Jennifer Waters wrote:
> I have somehow blown my root passwd, I am using LTSP
> 3.0.1 on this system and I have scsi drives.  How do I
> go into linux emergency?

With grub follow the instructions for editing the boot up.  It is either
init 1 or simply 1 I believe as a parameter.  Some distros are silly
(they want a password for booting to single user mode) if so, you need
to tell the kernel to simplly run bash as the initrd I believe.

Hopefully my directions jog your memory and that your head is clearer
than my directions ;-)

Tim