[K12OSN] Enabling Print quotas?

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Thu Apr 22 21:51:00 UTC 2004

Found this one also...

http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~daniel/software/printbill/download.shtml

--Huck

-----Original Message-----
From: k12osn-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:k12osn-bounces at redhat.com] On
Behalf Of joseph.bishay at utoronto.ca
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 1:23 PM
To: k12osn at redhat.com
Subject: [K12OSN] Enabling Print quotas?

Good-day.

I have, thanks to many people here, been able to enable disk quotas for
the students.

The next step is enabling printer quotas.  Our students print out
thousands of pages every month - 90% of it is garbage. But they don't
seem to realize the need to hit 'print-preview' when they can just waste
paper instead!

The printer system is set up so that the K12ltsp(RH9) server
communicates to a Win98 machine which is running the laser printer. The
printer connection is made through SMB.

How can I limit the number of pages each student can print?

Thank you kindly,
Joseph