[K12OSN] easy VPN?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Apr 23 20:02:15 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 14:40, Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
> Dear Folks,
> 	I need to set up a VPN between 2 sites connected to the Internet.
> I need something that is easy to install and configure and that is robust
> enough to do windoze networking - need to mount a remote directory on a
> pc. If you have any experience, ideas, please share. thanks julius

Redhat/fedora/k12ltsp has CIPE built in so you can configure it
with the redhat-configure-network GUI.  It runs over UDP and
doesn't object to going through NAT on the way.  It probably
isn't the most secure choice but unless you are a bank it
should be good enough.  If you aren't starting with a machine
with CIPE included, I'd look at openvpn first.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com