[K12OSN] Open Admin best bet for Report Card softwar?

joseph.bishay at utoronto.ca joseph.bishay at utoronto.ca
Mon Apr 26 14:44:59 UTC 2004

Hello,

I hope everyone is having a good day. In our small school, most of the
administration, etc. is done on paper. The only thing we used the
computers for was the final report cards at the end of the term. And we
used a Windows-based one.

Well, our windows machine just went up in smoke yesterday and all the
teachers are freaking.  I thought now would be a good time to show them
that the k12ltsp network is good for more than just web browsing/OO.  So
some quick searching let me to Open Admin. Does anyone have any
experiences with this software? It looks like it can do far more than just
report cards. Or if not that, other report card software? What do you use
in your school? the sooner I can get this installed, the less sweating the
teachers will do as the year-end approaches.

Thank you kindly,
Joseph