[K12OSN] New version of e-smith ???

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Mon Apr 26 17:58:28 UTC 2004

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>
writes:
>"Go to www.contribs.org and search the forums for SME 6.01 Custom
>ISO....basically some folks have taken and integrated Spamassassin and
>ClamAV into SME server.....I've tried it and it works fantastic!"

Yep I did....and I must say the Spamassassin and ClamAV stuff works
fantastic!  I use it in tandem with a FirstClass email server....I have it
on another box with port-forwarding in play so email flows in and through
the spamassassin and clamAV box prior to hitting the FirstClass
server...so by then it has been tagged for Spam and scanned for
viruses....it works fantastic and has cut our spam down a LOT....we simply
have mail rules that move the {SPAM} tagged email into another folder and
it sits there for a week (in case the user wants to check it) and then
deletes after a week.  Very cool!

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School