[K12OSN] Getting involved with K12 Documentation

Calvin Park, ADCS csitech at davisny.edu
Wed Apr 28 14:18:27 UTC 2004

I think this is a great idea. I would be interested in helping out. I
work for a College in Upstate NY (USA), and so that might give a
slightly different perspective as a case study. We're switching over to
K12 this summer for our Computer Center. We're currently running several
machines off a test server, but I'd be more than happy to write as we
install and go about things over the summer and into the fall. Might
make an interesting case study.

I'd also be interested in contributing to some of the other chapters,
such as the Intro to Free/Open-Source software and the Cost comparison.
I think you've got a pretty good start on ideas for chapters and the
like. As I said, I think this is a great idea and one that is very much
needed. It would be a resource for admins as well as a way to convince
people that K12 is the way to go. After all, ease of use is often a big
deal with people...and documentation helps a lot with that.

You might also consider adding a chapter on specific things that various
schools have done (in the way of special software/setups some schools
use. For instance the recent discussion on problem students printing off
nasty notes and how to combat that).

-Calvin

P.S. I'm also sending this to the devel list.