[K12OSN] Putting folder icons on user desktops

John P. Conlon jconlon1 at elp.rr.com
Thu Apr 29 02:41:45 UTC 2004

I'm still working with the drop folder from the "student problem"
messages.  Thanks for the info on those but here is my next couple of
questions.
1. How can I push a folder icon to a users desktop and have it stay
there even is the user resets his destop?
2. Once the folder icon is on the students desktop how can I keep
him/her from chucking it into the trash?
3. Our typing teacher teaches 7 classes so I plan to create 7 drop
boxes, one for each class.  Is there a way that I can put each class's
folder only on its desktops?

For the person who stated that the room should be rearranged, we have
tried to get our district to rewire the room for that reason.  They have
said no so we're stuck with outlets around the walls.  We have arranged
the room as best possible but if the teacher leaves her desk to help a
student then she has her back to most of the lab and I don't know how
you can get around that problem.
Thanks
Bye
Pat