[K12OSN] Evolution cut and paste

Sudev Barar sudev at mantraonline.com
Fri Apr 30 09:18:34 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 12:52, Jim Doyle wrote:
> Using:
> LTSP
> RH Fedora Core 1.
> Evolution Ver 1.4.5
>
> It was working. Something must have changed.
>
> 1. I highlight the following data from "k12ltsp" list.
>
> Server specs:
> Dual Xeon 2.6g
> 4 gig pc2100
> Raid 5 with 3 36 gig hard drives
>
> 2. I paste it into gedit and vi and get the following in both editors.
>
> Server specs:Dual Xeon 2.6g4 gig pc2100Raid 5 with 3 36 gig hard drives
>
> It looks like I have a LF/CR problem.
>
> I checked and changing the following:
>
> A. Under menu item "View", Character Encoding,Unicode (UTF-7) ... no
> change.
>
> B. I also tried (UTF-8) also no change.
>
> C. Under menu item "Tools", setting, Mail Preferences, General, Default
> character encoding: Unicode (UTF-7) ... no change.
>
> D. I also tried (UTF-8) also no change.
>
> Questions
>
> Is there a better list I should use to ask this question?
>
> Should I reinstall Evolution if so what is the best way to keep all my
> old email?
Not followed your problem fully but.....
Evolution stores all mails in mbox files under USERHOME/evolution/local/Inbox and any sub folders under this if defined. You can append all folders into one by "cat .../mbox >> ~/mbox.bak"
After you re-install just cp this to USERHOME/evolution/local/Inbox/mbox
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux