[K12OSN] How playback asf video files?

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Fri Apr 30 16:11:37 UTC 2004

Chris,

Hmmm ... it almost worked.  At the server, xine played back ok, but at the clients, I got an error about a corrupted fil on some occasions or otherwise it just hung so ...

un-installed and tried mplayer.  Mplayer works for the video in the tech lab. The sound however lags quite a bit behind the video.  I wouldn't consider it watchable if used in a lesson.

Up on the second floor (through another switch), the video doesn't work correctly (all I get is psychedelic hash) and the sound doesn't work at all.

Will have to try and troubleshoot after school since I have a 1pm-4pm meeting to race off to.

Thanks,

Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School
Newark, Delaware 19713