[K12OSN] No flames: Why use M$ offerings?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Apr 30 18:17:10 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 12:45, Jim Hays wrote:

> I prefer top posting as well.  I don't want to re-read all of the reponses to
> a message to get to the new information.

The point is that you aren't supposed to include all of the old
posting(s) but instead snip it down to just the points that are
relevant to your response.  I think there is a difference in philosophy
here for mail list vs. local email.  For a local issue you may want
the few parties involved to have a full record of the whole
conversation even if they are CC:ed late in the game.   For mail lists
the rest of the world has already seen the previous bits, probably
doesn't care enough to want to see it again, and has the option to
find it in the list archives if they do.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com