[K12OSN] IDE if /home is NFS?

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Thu Apr 1 17:26:40 UTC 2004

> > files which the staff seem to find a way to create.  Other backup
> > software has similar capabilities.
>
> Right. rdiff-backup has an --exclude switch. Looks like I should
> exclude:
>
> /home/*/.mozilla/*/*.slt/Cache

I think I have actually excluded the entire .mozilla directory, then through an include-list, specifically selected the bookmarks, but will have to check the exclude-list/include-list files tomorrow when I am at the school.  And definitely look at excluding all cache files, mozilla is just the most obvious, but there are cache files associated with OOo (for printing) as well as others.  I knocked over 4Gb off the backup just with cache and core.* file exclusion. (I have a cron job now that deletes all core.some_number each night as well)

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins