[K12OSN] Sagebrush Spectrum Question <Was LTSP vs PC>

Jonathan White jwhite at shaker.k12.nh.us
Fri Apr 2 14:19:00 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 09:08, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 07:45, Justin Paulsen wrote:
>
> > It would be great if we could find open source counterparts for these
> > but I'm still looking.  Also if anyone knows how I could access my
> > library catalog for Linux I would be grateful.  We use Sagebrush
> > Spectrum 5.2 and upgrading to the web version is too expensive.
>
> This probably isn't what you want but it is interesting just the
> same - it does for libraries what a wiki does for publishing:
> http://www.communitybooks.org/
>
> ---
>   Les Mikesell
>    les at futuresource.com

A question for anyone using the Spectrum Web Catalog:
Does it work with an Apache server? And if so was it particularly
difficult to setup?

Our experience with the Web Catalog has been poor at best. After
(begrudgingly) setting up an IIS server so that our Librarians could
check out the Web Catalog, we found that it had some serious problems
that, when combined with "requiring" IIS to run, made it unfeasible for
us.
--
Jonathan S. White
Computer Technician