[K12OSN] Dans Guardian

Joe Faletra jfaletra at sau16.org
Fri Apr 2 20:14:44 UTC 2004

Hey everyone,

I am trying to install Dans Guardian web filtering and I keep running
into a wall.

I downloaded and installed the following:

rpm -Uvh DansGuardian-2.6.1-3.RH72.i386.rpm
rpm -Uvh dungog-dansguardian-2.6-5.noarch.rpm

In that order.  Then I went to the e-smith server using
IP/server-manager.

When I attempt to configure, the server "hangs" and I can't get to it
from any browser.  I even tried to set the proxie settings on the
browser to 8080 and 80 as well as 3128 but no dice.

I am using e-smith server 6.0

Any ideas why it won't configure?  Oh, and I can't start from the
command line.

weird...

Joe

Joe Faletra
School Administrative Unit 16
Districts Manager for Technology Support Services
T: 603-775-8576
F: 603-775-8487
http://www.sau16.org

DO NOT READ, COPY, OR DISSEMINATE THIS COMMUNICATION UNLESS YOU ARE THE
INTENDED ADDRESSEE.  This e-mail communication contains confidential
and/or privileged information that is intended only for the addressee.
If you have received this communication in error, please call us
immediately at 603-775-8680 and ask to speak to the sender of the
communication.  Also please immediately notify the sender via e-mail
that you have received the communication in error.  Please note e-mail
may be corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late, be incomplete or
contain viruses.  The sender does not accept liability which arises as
a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification of this message is
required, please request a hard copy version at 603-775-8680.