[K12OSN] Scalability (long email)

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Apr 7 15:20:36 UTC 2004

>From what I have seen configuring workstations from Dell in the past is
that it hinges on the bus speed.  Anything 533MHZ and under no
multithread, anything 800MHZ and over (is there anything higher?) will
do multithreading.  I think the 800MHZ bus is only offered for P4's at
like 2.4GHZ or higher.  So make sure you verify the Motherboard bus
speed and don't just rely on the processor info.