[K12OSN] PXE boot problem

Timothy Legge timlegge at etherboot.org
Wed Apr 7 23:44:32 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 11:11, Brian Chase wrote:
> Excellent find Timothy.  The pulldown shows PXE.

Actually, the drop down list is simpliy the format for booting (Floppy
file, rom file etc).  All the formats actually support the PXE
specification (I believe support is complied in).  So, whether you boot
from a floppy or an Etherboot Rom, it will recognize and boot pxelinux
(which I assume is what Knoppix uses).

In the near future (after more testing), you could replace the 0.99 pxe
on your nic (if you can flash the rom) with Etherboot's open source pxe
implementation.

Tim