[K12OSN] Looking for page-maker-like app..

Pat Healy phealy at dsusd.k12.ca.us
Thu Apr 8 05:41:46 UTC 2004

Scribus is the leading linux desktop publishing application (IMHO)

it's included in k12ltsp version 4
and the updated rpm for a recent version is here:

ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/RPMS

And if Eric is reading,
there's actually a newer version (1.1.6) available

It's a terrific application -- We've used it to produce
parts of the last two issues of our student newpaper!
We'd have missed our last deadline without this program.
-- we'd been using quark on a mac exclusively prior to this.

Best Wishes.

-- Pat Healy
Palm Desert High School