[K12OSN] new splash screen for K12ltsp

Richard K. Ingalls ringalls at glenwood.k12.mo.us
Thu Apr 8 15:05:32 UTC 2004

David Trask wrote:

> The sacrifice with KDE at the moment is sound...to my knowledge....in
> K12LTSP terminal environment sound only works with Gnome and IceWM.  AFAIK
>
> ringalls at glenwood.k12.mo.us writes:
>
>>Nice photo.  Did you take it?  Very nice touch (the red hat with the
>>b/w child).  I'm curious, does KDE eat up any more/less bandwidth than
>>gnome?  I've only used the default gnome destkop and am playing with
>>the idea of IceWM and KDE, etc..
>

> David N. Trask
> Technology Teacher/Coordinator
> Vassalboro Community School
> dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
> (207)923-3100

Aha!  Thanks David.  That's becoming a more important point for my
school.  We are increasingly visiting starfall.com with our younger
students.  This is a great site for phonics, but it uses flash player
and we MUST have sound for it.  So it looks like KDE is out for me.
Thanks!

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
  for that which he cannot lose."
  -- Jim Elliott

RICHARD K. INGALLS
Director of Information Technology
Glenwood R-8 School District
West Plains, MO

email..ringalls (at) glenwood.k12.mo.us
web....http://glenwood.k12.mo.us
ph.....417.256.4849
fax....417.257.2567

"Miracles are a retelling in small letters
  of the very same story which is written across
  the whole world in letters too large
  for some of us to see."
  -- C. S. Lewis