[K12OSN] Apache Problem

Brian Benson bbenson at pps.k12.or.us
Sat Apr 10 06:09:36 UTC 2004

Hi,

Let me try to help.  I'm not an expert but it looks like apache is already
running if you can't start it but you can access it(or a different instance
of apache like another version or something).  If apache was installed with
an RPM then run `/etc/init.d/apache [start|stop|restart|etc...]`. By the
way, what command are you using to attempt to start your server? The second
problem seems to be a problem with the "ServerName" directive in httpd.conf
which controls mod_dir(Provides for "trailing slash" redirects and serving
directory index files). Change it to "ServerName 10.188.4.12"  I hope that
helps.

docs:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#servername

mod_dir
Provides for "trailing slash" redirects and serving directory index files
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_dir.html

-Brian