[ok-mail] [K12OSN] Scalability (long email)

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Sat Apr 10 23:23:13 UTC 2004

We (NCS) have been using Win2K TS this year fairly successfully to run up to 30-40 client connections with rdesktop.  However, the performance seems to depend on the application being used. e.g.30+ sessions of Type to Learn run very well, but launch just 4 or 5 instances of Eclass Grades( Winschool) and it can bring the server to a halt.  In fact, each Eclass session uses a full 'cpu'.  I have never tried to track down exactly why.

Server specs: Dual 2.4 Xeons with 4Gb memory, dual Gb NICs. SCSI RAID 1 15K rpm drives.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins

Hi,

Has anyone setup rdesktop with linux on 20 + workstations ? (With Win2K) and what specs are needed for the Win2K server to handle the load.
We've setup a P-II 500 Mhz with 512mb ram and can barely launch 3 connections. The response is incrediblly SLOW....

thanks for the input

norbert