[K12OSN] how many clients?

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Tue Apr 13 18:30:36 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 02:26 pm, Brandon Kovach wrote:
> Question is, how far am I from running 85 clients on ONE of the
> following machines?

I really feel like the Devil's advocate here -- but when you get bigger
numbers, the variation in window managers really plays a big deal.  ie, if
you mean 90 clients using icewm-lite you might be OK, but 90 using Gnome is a
MUCH bigger hit on the server.

Sorry I haven't answered at all.  Truth be told, I have the same scenario for
next year myself.  I hope there is some way we (as a group) can document a
generalization for server/client usage.  I know that window managers will
have to play a part in such a comparison.

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director