[K12OSN] SME, K12LTSP, and NFS

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Apr 13 21:09:53 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 13:13, David Trask wrote:

> My exports on the SME server looks like this:
>
> /mytest 10.0.0.234(rw,insecure,sync,no_root_squash)
          ^^^^^^^^^^
            Is this the single client address where you are
trying to mount?

> any ideas for things to look for as to why I can't connect? My SME box is
> running 6.0 and it is in server only mode....I tried adding

What does 'showmount -e' say, both from the server and client (give the
server name on the client)?

> # nfs
> rpc.nfsd: 10.0.0.234/255.0.0.0
> rpc.mountd: 10.0.0.234/255.0.0.0
>
> # portmap
> portmap: 10.0.0.234/255.0.0.0

Either your 10.0.0.234 should be 10.0.0.0 to give access to all of
10.x.x.x or your subnet mask should be 255.255.255.255 to restrict to
a single client.  I think you should see log entries in /var/log/secure
when a connection is refused by tcpwrappers.

> To hosts.allow.....still no dice....do I have to restart anything when I
> make the change to hosts.allow? Any ideas appreciated....I'm trying to see
> if I can do both Samba and LDAP to auth Windows XP and Linux (K12LTSP) and
> export the home dirs via NFS to the K12LTSP box using an SME server....if
> I'm successful it will be a lot easier than my current Samba/LDAP setup.

Does that mean you already have an SME server using LDAP authentication?
As a server or client?

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com