[K12OSN] A different authentication issue

Brian Chase networkr0 at cfl.rr.com
Thu Apr 15 01:53:44 UTC 2004

You might try Webmin, here's a excerpt from the Squid Access Control
Help Section, might be what you're after, looks like you can allow
filtered on user and/or group.

      Access Control

Access control lists: ACLs are lists of terms to be matched using
regulard expressions of literal expressions. An ACL may also be a file
that contains one item or regular expression per line. The ACL box on
this page has several fields which may be edited. New ACLs may also be
created.

The fields present are:

Name is the name by which the ACL can be identified. When creating a
Proxy Restriction this is the name used to define what is being restricted.

Type is the type of information that the ACL is to be matched against.

Matching.. is the address, port, URL, user, etc. that the ACL will be
matching to.

Proxy restrictions: Proxy restrictions are rules that either allow or
deny a given request based on whether its ACL matches the specifics of
the reuqest. There are three fields in this box.

Action is either allow or deny.

ACLs are the ACLs that will be matched against to decide whether the
request is allowed or denied. If prepended by an exclamation point the
ACL will be negated, in other words everything except members of that
ACL will be allowed or denied.

Move allows the order of restrictions in the list. The order in which
they appear is important, because Squid only reads the list until it has
found the first match.

ICP restrictions: This box is for restricting ICP requests. ICP requests
are requests from other neighbor caches. This section work the same as
Proxy restrictions.