[K12OSN] Processor max'ed out

Kevin Christensen kevin at ross.kunaschools.org
Thu Apr 15 19:34:39 UTC 2004

Hi all,
I have a server running with about 40 clients on it (specs below). The
server has run flawlessly for 220 days. Then all of a sudden the processors
are running at a 100% and the server is slower that dirt. I powered off 10
of the terminals and it dropped to about 30%. The other terminals were on
but not logged in. I have not rebooted the server yet because I don't want
to ruin my 220 day uptime. Bragging rights ya know! I thought maybe the ram
was being used up but I still have almost 400 megs aviable.

Server specs:
Dual Xeon 2.6g
4 gig pc2100
Raid 5 with 3 36 gig hard drives