[K12OSN] Netatalk WBEL

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Apr 16 15:28:09 UTC 2004

Well I reinstalled and the files appear to be available now and I also
see the service.  However the service fails to start with the following
errors:
#############
atalk failed. The error was: modprobe: Can't locate module appletalk
[could not load appletalk module]
modprobe: Can't locate module appletalk
[could not load appletalk module]
Shutting down AppleTalk services:
  Stopping papd:[  OK  ]
  Unregistering localhost:Workstation: Can't unregister
localhost:Workstation@*
[FAILED]
  Unregistering localhost:netatalk: Can't unregister
localhost:netatalk@* [FAILED]
  Stopping atalk:[FAILED]
  Stopping afpd:[  OK  ]
modprobe: Can't locate module appletalk
[could not load appletalk module]
Starting AppleTalk services:
  Starting atalkd:socket: Address family not supported by protocol
socket: Address family not supported by protocol
atalkd: can't get interfaces, exiting.
[FAILED]
  Registering localhost:Workstation: [FAILED]
  Registering localhost:netatalk: [FAILED]
  Starting papd:[  OK  ]
  Starting afpd:[  OK  ]
Where should I look to be sure the module is available and the kernel
recognizes it?

Also does anyone have any sampe .conf files to get me started?  These
seem to be completely devoid of default settings.

Thanks