[K12OSN] Edit Gnome menu

Daniel Hedblom daniel.hedblom at skola.solleftea.se
Mon Apr 19 08:07:51 UTC 2004

Hi!

In Redhat gnome menu editing is turned off becuase of a tendency to
corrupt the menus if you alter them from nautilus. You can turn menu
editing on again by:
 su -
<give root password>
cd /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules
cp default-modules.conf default-modules.conf-no-menu-editing
cp default-modules.conf.with-menu-editing default-modules.conf

And then go to applications-all-users:/// and edit but be very careful
because you can end up having to hand edit to correct errors in
/etc/X11/desktop-menus/applications-menu.

Cheers!

PS. If you really want to edit menus use KDE wich has and excellent menu
editor if you just right click on the start menu. DS.