[K12OSN] Load balancing on ltsp, successful/failed attempts?

Daniel Hedblom daniel.hedblom at skola.solleftea.se
Mon Apr 19 08:55:54 UTC 2004

Hi!

I have just ordered two more servers and i want to try out real load
balancing on ltsp. In my calculations it is much cheaper to byu two fairly
standard one cpu 3Ghz scsi servers than to buy a dual CPU server.

Have anyone tried load balancing and was it successful, what did you do
and what didnt work? Im planning on writing up a howto about it if i
succeed so any pointers is much appriciated. Im not after mosix among the
clients but real load balancing between servers and hopefully redundancy
and fail-over.

Cheers!