[K12OSN] Webmin Samba Problem

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Apr 20 22:40:02 UTC 2004

I have loaded up a new file server with WBEL and have installed Webmin.
I to the to Samba Webmin module and for some reason am not able to link
samba and unix users or convert unix to samba users.  I get an error
saying:
Failed to convert user :
could not create account to add new user -s
I have left the conversion at the defaults to convert anything over 499
and it shows the users that are skipped but errors on the first new
user.  All other Samba functions seem to work properly, I can set up
shares, or add users directly to Samba.

I don't know if I have a problem with Samba or Webmin.  Is there a way
to syncronize the users manually without using Webmin?

I have also set Samba to syncronize users and groups, when I add users
via the system module I get the same error in relation to updating Samba
users.

Any suggestions on where to start?