[K12OSN] Enabling Print quotas?

joseph.bishay at utoronto.ca joseph.bishay at utoronto.ca
Thu Apr 22 20:23:24 UTC 2004

Good-day.

I have, thanks to many people here, been able to enable disk quotas for
the students.

The next step is enabling printer quotas.  Our students print out
thousands of pages every month - 90% of it is garbage. But they don't seem
to realize the need to hit 'print-preview' when they can just waste paper
instead!

The printer system is set up so that the K12ltsp(RH9) server communicates
to a Win98 machine which is running the laser printer. The printer
connection is made through SMB.

How can I limit the number of pages each student can print?

Thank you kindly,
Joseph