[K12OSN] StarOffice

Terrell Prude', Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Thu Apr 22 22:07:45 UTC 2004

I have done this on several versions of K12LTSP.  It's the same as doing
it with any distro that already has OO.o on it, be it RHL 9, Fedora,
Mandrake, Slackware (yes, it's a manual install there, but pretty
simple), or otherwise.  StarOffice is worth it, in my opinion, if you
need the extra input filters like the WordPerfect or WordStar
converters.  Also, if you have a need to go with specifically the Adabas
database, then go w/ StarOffice.  Personally, I find OpenOffice.org more
than sufficient, because I have yet to run into a WordPerfect or
WordStar document in a very long time.  StarOffice and OpenOffice.org,
in my experience, seem to have the same quality to open MS
Word/Excel/PowerPoint files, and this is with embedded Visio diagrams
and such.

--TP