[K12OSN] Mozilla permissions

Brian Chase networkr0 at cfl.rr.com
Fri Apr 23 03:27:24 UTC 2004

Then I'm with the other thread that talks about chmod 770 for a group
called "internet", but the typing students wouldn't be able to get to
the internet ever from any classroom running that server.

Sounds like a non-technical solution is in order, like "obey or be sent
to the principles office", lol.

John P. Conlon wrote:

> Can't do that because there are some other terminals in other
> locations in the building that use that server also.
> Bye
> Pat
>
> Brian Chase wrote:
>
>> Unplug the uplink cable to the internet., the downstream clients will
>> still work.  This requires a two NIC setup, which is preferred for
>> traffic separation anyway.
>>
>> John P. Conlon wrote:
>>
>>> We have a Linux lab that is used also as a typing lab.  The typing
>>> teacher is having problems with the students using the internet when
>>> they are not supposed to.
>>> 1. Am I right in thinking that if I change the permissions on
>>> Mozilla I can make it unavailable to the students?
>>> 2. If the first question is yes where is the Mozila file located?
>>> Bye