[K12OSN] Openoffice upgrade

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Fri Apr 23 13:37:54 UTC 2004

With regard to the install error.....there is a bug in Fedora (depending
on what version you have) that will produce that error.  What I did (and
it worked) is at the boot prompt just before beginning the install type
  linux = allowcddma    and that allowed the install to progress just fine.

George Bredberg <george.bredberg at comhem.se> writes:
>Hi,
>
>i had a strange problem with one of my servers running k12ltsp. I
>couldn't install the 4.01 but had to install 3.1.2 first and then do a
>upgrade. Don't now what happened but while installing 4.01 the install
>program said "not enough space" on the harddrive when it was supposed to
>install packages. The other server I have worked without any hazzle, and
>they both have a 36gb SCSI drive... I even tried to install with only
>one big root partition but still "not enough space".
>
>Now I have a problem, because the upgraded box versus the straight 4.01
>installation saves the user files for OO in different places, and even
>worse, when having used the upgraded servers OO (1.0X) and going back to
>the fresh installed one opening OO (1.1.0) the startupscript traps in a
>loop. Nomather what they try to start in OO, it only launches the
>startupscript over and over again. That is fixed by deleting the
>userfiles for oo.
>
>Now, becuase of that I whant to upgrade oo, at least in the upgraded
>server. But the rpms dont seem to be the same.. I thought I could just
>upgrade with a downloaded oo 1.1.1, but then it says the oo dont have
>the same language (!) wich of course it has, and dont let me upgrade,
>but instead doing another install beside the old one.
>
>Now (at last) its time for the question.. If I remove the oo packages
>and install the fresch oo downloaded (*.tar.gz) will the oo still work
>as supposed on the terminals? (that is, will the install script i
>suppose u guys have provided still work?)
>
>Regards   /George

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School