[K12OSN] Mozilla permissions

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Apr 23 22:10:15 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 16:55, Robert Arkiletian wrote:
> I also have problems with students browsing the net and not getting work done.
> I thought about changing the rights to mozilla but what about konqueror? They
> need it for a file browser in KDE so they need rights to it. I was wondering
> if there was some kind of command to disable or turn off the NIC that is
> connected to the external network? Physically unplugging the cable seems like
> a kludge especially if the server is in another room.

The redhat-configure-network GUI has enable/disable buttons for each
interface.  From the command line it is:
ifdown interface
ifup   interface
Where interface will be eth0 or eth1, whichever goes to the external
side.  Those are RedHat-specific scripts that will pick up a dhcp
address, add routes, or whatever else might be configured.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com