[K12OSN] easy VPN?

Paul Davison pauldavison at psps.com
Sun Apr 25 22:27:15 UTC 2004

Hi Julius,

No one has mentioned it yet, but I use IPCOP (20Mb iso image)
http://www.ipcop.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/IPCop/WebHome

This is one of the nicest firewall distros I have ever seen.  I have
been using it for remote locations for about a year now, some of the
connections are on tempermental DSL connections and we run replicating
databases and some windows networking.  it is rock solid for my
purposes. It has very easy setup, and is fully linux based.  It is worth
checking out. I use it for ipsec VPNs but I believe it supports PPTP and
others.  Ofcourse, it is a linux distro, so you could add anything you
want I guess.  It has a nice https gui, and ofcouse the regular command
line tools.  The one thing this offers me over most inexpensive hardware
options (like netgear) is that I can have a cron job forward logs and
other info to be parsed and presented on a single internal page so I
have up to the minute (five minutes actually) info on all my remote systems.

Hope that helps

Paul