[K12OSN] Network Security Audits

Richard K. Ingalls ringalls at glenwood.k12.mo.us
Mon Apr 26 19:11:31 UTC 2004

What open source apps do you like to use for network security
auditing?  I found a great app that I'd like to share with the list:
Nessus.  If you haven't used it, give it a try.  Very easy to get
running and easy to use.  I scanned my network and found all kinds of
vulnerabilities.  It even suggests ways to fix the security problems.
  Great stuff.  Anybody got other stuff that they think is great?

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
  for that which he cannot lose."
  -- Jim Elliott

RICHARD K. INGALLS
Director of Information Technology
Glenwood R-8 School District
West Plains, MO

email..ringalls (at) glenwood.k12.mo.us
web....http://glenwood.k12.mo.us
ph.....417.256.4849
fax....417.257.2567

"Miracles are a retelling in small letters
  of the very same story which is written across
  the whole world in letters too large
  for some of us to see."
  -- C. S. Lewis