[K12OSN] Network Security Audits

Calvin Park, ADCS csitech at davisny.edu
Mon Apr 26 19:26:31 UTC 2004

At our college here we use most of the tools provided with Local Area
Security Linux (http://www.localareasecurity.com) They provide some
excellent programs such as Nessus, Nmap, Ethereal, Cheops, etc. LAS is a
bootable CD, which is wonderful because I can quite literally carry it
in my pocket (the ISO comes in 185MB and 210MB flavors) on a mini-CD and
pop it into whatever computer happens to be closest if there is a
problem. They are also experimenting with an HD-installer so you can
actually boot it from HD and run it that way.

-Calvin

--
Calvin Park
Associate Director of Computer Services