[K12OSN] nat

Terrell Prude', Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Apr 27 23:29:59 UTC 2004

Then your NAT/PAT setup will get ugly, and I wouldn't recommend doing it
on the K12LTSP server itself, unless you're already pretty darned good
with iptables.  However, I can think of two much easier solutions to this.

1.)  Have the teachers on standalone GNU/Linux workstations, and then
they won't be sitting behind a PAT'ing box (the K12LTSP server).  Have
the kids on K12LTSP servers, though.

2.)  Put all of the teachers on one K12LTSP server, where the "teacher"
thin clients are on a separate VLAN, and just permanently bypass the
filter for that specific "teachers-only" K12LTSP server.  Since they can
bypass the filter anyway at will, you're not losing anything here.

--TP