[K12OSN] Enhancement to squidGuard package to force Google's SafeSearchfeature to be ON

Matthew Ross mross at esd165.org
Thu Apr 29 23:54:44 UTC 2004

Ha!

Well, I was having lots of trouble getting this to work. Your patch
worked fine, everything built fine... it installed fine... but it just
wouldn't go. I was tairing my hair out.

So, I was reading around, and found that the correct action for a
redirector is either to return the redirected URL, or return a blank
line if the current URL is to be untouched.

There's where my problem was. I was already using AdZapper, and I just
added a second "redirect_program" line for squidGuard. Squidguard was
getting blank lines to redirect. No wonder it didn't work! (Bangs head
on keyboard)

Well, thanks again. I'll be spending some time figuring out how to run
adzapper along side squidGuard, or just drop adzapper altogether.

--Matt