[K12OSN] No flames: Why use M$ offerings?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Apr 30 13:14:18 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 06:25, Gavin Chester wrote:
> FAR more frustrating for me is use of html mail by many.  Do you people
> know how long it takes just to open your email when I'm scrolling
> through the postings?  Spare a thought for dial-up users and forget the
> html - who needs coloured text and bold, anyway?  That'll bring the
> flames ;-)

You might get some sympathy on technical mailing lists but it
is a losing battle elsewhere and I think it is a mistake to
relate this issue to using free vs. proprietary software. If
you make it sound like free software is associated with
reduced functionality you'll send the wrong message.  Even
for technical people who understand the overhead, the ability
to highlight words and attach screenshots may be important.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com